Monday, January 11, 2010

The end of life as we know it!

These are some of the last pictures any of us will ever see like this:

Mikayla trying to figure out what is wrong with her binky...







Yes...there is a whole in the middle of it:



I have had NO problem with her using a binky because she only uses it when she's sleeping (or at church because it's during nap time). The last couple of days she has learned the word "binky" and now she thinks she needs it all day long. Yesterday she asked for it all day and I would tell her she couldn't have it all day and then she would cry. It was a rough day for both of us. So this morning I decided we needed to get rid of it! So I cut a whole in it. She cried because she couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. I let her cry. Then she figured out that she could still suck on it, it would just work a little differently. Then she would go a little while without it and she would think she would need it so I would let her have it and she would cry...so the whole day went. She couldn't fall asleep with it "not working," so she fell asleep with it in her hand!

This is her right now...as I type. YAY! We'll see how the rest of the week goes!





1 comment:

Melonie Harris said...

wahoo... that is hilarious!!! Congrats... let the screaming begin!!