Here's is the story of our two week period in the hospital...if you don't want to read it all, I don't blame you, but here is a start on the pictures. These are the pictures from Blackfoot. I will try to add all the pictures from the last two months as I get more time...haha.
Breakfast:
November 30th is Melonie's birthday. Sarah, Mel and I always take each other out to eat for birthdays. The only time we could meet this particular week was for an early breakfast that morning at 7:00. When I woke up 15 minutes before then I wasn't feeling really well, but I just thought it was from the pregnancy. When I got to the restaurant I was the only one there but I went in anyways and got a glass of water hoping that would help me feel better (I gag during pregnancies when I'm hungry). Once the girls got there we ordered our food. I put half of mine in a to go box because I knew what I did eat was going to come up as soon as I got home. I had to cut our after meal conversation short because I was starting to feel worse. Sarah had to pay my tab because I had to run outside to throw up (which I didn't do). Both girls kept telling me I was in labor. I swore up and down that I was not in labor, this is not what labor feels like. The pain was in my ribs and upper back so they suggested it was back labor, and I kept saying, "this is not labor, don't call Wes, I'll just go home and lay down and it'll go away." Sarah decided to be late to work so she could drive me home because in this short amount of time I was in so much pain I was tossing and turning in the parking lot. The whole ride home I could NOT find a comfortable position, and the tossing and turning continued in the car. We had to pull over three times because I thought I was going to throw up. The second time we pulled over we called my doctor to see what we should do. Mel was on the phone with the nurse when we pulled over the third time and I did throw up and I said it was probably time to go to the hospital because I needed to go there whether I was in labor or not. We were only a couple blocks from home so they quickly drove me home where Wes was getting everything ready to go.
Let's talk about Miracle #1 (among the million we recieved!)
Wes woke up late for work and he was just about to walk out the door to go to work when Sarah called him to tell him we were on our way.
Hospital #1:
When we arrived at the hospital the doctor checked me and he said I was still dilated the same amount as I had been for the last three weeks, but since we were only 3 days away from the delivery date he was still going to do the surgery since I was there and in so much pain.
Delivery went great! Both babies were healthy and the surgery was as routine as any c-section.
Our little Addalyn Kaye was born first at 9:45 and then Sydney Anne followed just a few short seconds later.
The Unknown:
The rest of the day is a blur for me. I will have to have Wes get on here and fill in all the details.
The next thing I remember after the babies were born was during one of my two seizures. I remember that my arm kept flying up and I couldn't stop it. I remember Wes asking me to look at him but I couldn't move my eyes. I don't remember the other seizure at all.
The next thing I remember was getting strapped down in my bed to be taken to the airplane. Then I said goodbye to everyone and off I went.
Things I remember Wes telling me:
Dr. Nielson left the hospital after the delivery because everything went well with the surgery. His co-partner came in to check on me some time later and my urine output was the consistency and color of Coca-Cola, which means my kidneys were shutting down. They did some blood work and my platelet count and red blood cell count were both really low. So my liver was also having problems. (You'll have to get more details from Wes)
HELLP
So what all this means is that I got HELLP syndrome:
H: Hemolytic anemia
EL: Elevated Liver enzymes
LP: Low Platelet Count
For more info:
I went through a few stages. I got pre-eclampsia (high blood pressure) and then I went into eclampsia once I started having seizures. And it went even further with my blood work information and they diagnosed me with HELLP syndrome. Then because of my blood clotting I was also diagnosed with DIC (blood-clotting, check wikipedia link above). There wasn't enough blood in the area to give me blood transfusions so they were going to have transfer me to the U of U hospital in Salt Lake so I could get my blood transfusions down there. So the AirMed team, Wes and I all got in an ambulance and drove to the airport and got in an airplane and then we flew to a hangar and everyone except Wes got in a helicopter and we flew to the U of U hospital. There wasn't enough room for Wes, so he had to stay and hang out at the hanger until a taxi could make it to pick him up to take him to the hospital.
I will have Wes update all this info...but for now, that is the story of what happened in Blackfoot. The next post will start off with the Utah story.
And finally...
PICTURE TIME
Wes getting ready for Surgery


Addalyn

Sydney

A S

A
A
S
A S
A
A
S
S
Grandpa and Grandma Crook
Proud Big Sister
Aunt Alauna and Addalyn
Mom and Addalyn
Mom and Sydney
Aunt Kelauni and Alauna
Cute Daddy
"I'm leavin, on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again"







1 comment:
Oh my goodness! Look how adorable they are! Congratulations! I'm so sorry you have been sick...I hope you are feeling better and adjusting to having 3 kids.
Post a Comment