Sunday, October 19, 2008

First haircut

Mikayla has always had a beautiful head of hair, but as everyone has said, she will lose it all. So I have been dreading the day that it would happen. And it is here! She has gone bald on one side of her head and the rest of her hair is thinning rapidly. So to please my husband, I got a couple chunks of her hair cut so we could save them. On the bald side of her head (the first pic) she had one chunk of hair that I decided to get rid of so now it's all bald. Off the top of her head where it's really thick I got a chunk from underneath so you can't even tell it's gone (the second two pics). As for the rest of the uneven spots...I'm not ready to give those up yet.







The big chunk is from the top and the one at the bottom that you can barely see is from the side of her head.

3 comments:

Janelle said...

oh we have never cut Olivia's hair when hers fell out it was all in the back so it saved us the trouble of having a mullet baby cause it made the top even out with the back usually little girls end up with a mullet for awhile when the top if catching up. I am a little sad not to have a chunch of baby hair for her but I just can't bring myself to cut it, maybe someday!

Mike and Kaci said...

Oh, that is so sad. Don't worry, it will grow back! :)

Bigelow Family said...

She's getting so big!